I wish I had bought these before! They are so much less work than old sheets and towels I used to use, since they are light weight and very easy to get on and off my cages. I am very happy with my new covers!
Tomato Plant Cover is ideal for tomato plants with or without a cage. Use for any plant up to 4 feet high. Simply drape the cover over your plant and pull the drawstring to secure the cover in place. It’s that quick and easy!
Use early season to transition plants from the greenhouse to your containers and get a strong start. Use mid-season to protect from wind, storms and as an organic solution to avoid harmful pests. Use late season to extend the growing season and enjoyment of your container garden.
Frost Protek® covers insulate plants from light frost and cool weather. The cover protects plants 4°F to 6°F below freezing (to about 26°F or -3°C). Lightweight and breathable fabric allows air and UV light to reach plants. Cover may be left on plants during cold spells.
- Height 4 feet [1.2 meters]
- Drawstring opening 4½ feet wide (9 feet circumference) [1.4 meters wide (2.7 meters circumference)]
- Double-pull drawstring with cord locks
- 100% non-woven polypropylene fabric
- Washable in cold water
- Covers air dry quickly; do not put in dryer
- Can be used season after season
- Provides protection to about 26 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sage green color
- Tomato plants with or without tomato cage
- In-ground or hanging tomatoes
- Plants up to 4 feet high
- Seedling trays
- Small shrubs
Store covers after the growing season
Once annuals die due to a hard freeze or perennials lose their foliage and enter dormancy, remove your covers and store them until the next growing season. Store covers away from the sun or other direct UV light to prolong the life of the fabric.