Our most popular product! Our Hanging Basket Plant Cover is perfect for hanging baskets in winter. It also makes a great gift for Mother's Day hanging baskets! Our hanging basket frost covers are designed to protect and extend the life of your hanging baskets filled with flowers, strawberries, tomatoes, and more. This versatile frost cover is perfect for preserving long trailing branches without causing damage.
Installation is a breeze - simply attach the sewn-in strap to the hanging hook and use both hands to pull the cover over the plant. The drawstring closure allows for secure fastening around your hanging baskets to protect them from cold and wind.
Maximize the potential of your plants throughout the growing season:
- Early Season: Aids in the hardening off of plants. Transition plants from the greenhouse to your garden and give them a strong start with our frost cloth.
- Mid-Season: Don't use pesticides? Neither do we! Shield your plants from wind, storms, and deter harmful pests organically. These are a great way to keep your flowers intact during wind storms.
- Late Season: Extend the growing season and continue enjoying your thriving baskets. Perfect for hanging baskets in winter, especially in our southermost states.
Frost Protek® frost covers provide insulation against light frost and cool weather, protecting plants up to 4°F to 6°F below freezing (to approximately 26°F or -3°C). The lightweight, breathable fabric ensures proper air circulation and UV light exposure, allowing the cover to remain on plants during cold spells.
- Height: 4 feet (1.2 meters)
- Drawstring Opening: 4½ feet wide (9 feet circumference) [1.4 meters wide (2.7 meters circumference)]
- Double-pull drawstring with cord locks
- Material: 100% non-woven polypropylene fabric frost cloth
- Care: Washable in cold water, air dry (do not put in dryer)
- Durability: Can be used season after season
- Frost Protection: Effective up to 26°F (-3°C)
- Hanging baskets of flowers, tomatoes, strawberries, and more
- Small window boxes
- Seedling trays
- Providing protection against wind and pests
- Hanging baskets in winter
Storing Your Covers:
After the growing season, when annuals have succumbed to a hard freeze or perennials have entered dormancy, remove and store your frost covers for future use. Keep them away from direct sunlight or UV light exposure to prolong the life of the frost cloth fabric.